General waste disposal applies to all office, cognitive, computational and wet labs of non-hazardous disposals.
- Only non-hazardous, non-laboratory waste can go into the trash. For more information see Safety Net #12 "Why didn't the custodian pick up my trash."
- To dispose of unused, unwanted or broken equipment,
- Visit SUSTAINABLE2ndCENTURY - Recycle, for what you can and can't recycle on campus.
- Batteries: Small dry-cell batteries can be sent by campus mail to "Batteries for Recycling-ESF." Please do not send wet-cell batteries through the campus mail system.
- Recycle larger dry-cell batteries and lead acid batteries by submitting them to EH&S through the WASTe Universal Waste disposal prior to the designated pick up day (CNS Hazardous Waste Pick-Up Schedule).
- Bottles/cans/paper should be disposed in appropriately labeled recycle containers in the building.
- Wood Pallets: Contact Utilities Solid Waste for disposal.